Just a cup of Tea

Take a sip and enjoy

Independent Shorts 12/2/11

Filed under: Uncategorized — glennis at 1:41 pm on Saturday, December 3, 2011

Wow…what a wacky little film screening that was. I didn’t sleep very well last night because of that Meshes in the Afternoon clip. Confound this class.
Well time for another epic blog time, and a cup of tea of course. A tea to match this weird array of clips…BUBBLE TEA! *sip*
Anyway I have to say this has been by far the most head tickling class of all semester, independent films are really something. One of the most entertaining for me to watch was the Rhythm in the Light and Thimble Theater. The first one was extremely curious as to how one managed to get such abstract shapes into film, the materiality of film so to say. What are those spiky figures? How did she make that rotating spiral figure? Was it animation? Computer graphics?(Obviously NO!) maybe is an actual object in her house and she’s edited to a point that it unrecognizable? Either way this clip is one I recommend if you’re doing the second question for the project, as it makes you wonder why the director chose such quirky shapes to translate music to art. I honestly think of dancing gummy bears when I hear music, but drops of water works as well.

Thimble Theater…kangaroo fighting cop…instant classic! It was THE most erotic (non sexual please) clip I’ve seen, such strange collection of clips mashed up into one with an eerie circus theme in the background. Did anyone else think the four cartoons in negative were a bit satanic? I did….creepy…but to me that whole thing seemed like a creepy pasta (go Google it). The end was comical though, with slow motion kangaroo hops and a battle to the death. As the fight went on the clip turned into slow motion and you could have sworn you heard some epic battle song in your head. Admit it, you did. You so did. Sadly for this little beauty and for Rhythm of the light you actually have to pay to see it but Meshes of the afternoon and Kustom Kar Kommandos( I know you boys loved that) along with Hold Me While I’m Naked can be seen online in YouTube or simply Google them. Thanks for reading everybody :3

10

Amy Herzog

December 13, 2011 @ 11:24 pm

Thank you for so many things you’ve posted this semester. But perhaps most of all for introducing me to CreepyPasta, which I had never heard of before! Clearly I spend too much time watching kangaroos boxing and not engaging with social media 🙂

11

glennis

December 14, 2011 @ 5:52 pm

xD LoL my pleasure actually, if you’re into paranormal horror stuff then Creepypastas are just right for you. I’m squimish around those thing <_< I only know this because I got tricked into reading one once. Awwww does this mean I can't go to your class and watch a movie anymore?

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.